Thursday, April 12, 2007

Billie

Like her namesake, Billie covers the waterfront. But don't worry, she's not nearly so forlorn as the character in that song!

Actually, Billie's one of my battle-tested veterans, both by how long she's been walking with me (3 years) and on this earth (13 of 'em!). She still gets around quite nimbly and is very content with her life. She's also one of the more generous dogs I've had the pleasure of; every time I come to her she brings me one of her favorite toys. She doesn't want to play with it - as soon as I take it she couldn't care less - she just seems to want me to have it. And when I leave she always has another kiss for me - good bye kisses are actually quite rare from most dogs! One of the cutest things about her is when she gets a "treat" that doesn't meet her standards. In such cases she romps around with it and plays keep-away, but never chews it. She also loves to be chased!

Billie may have a few bumps (most older dogs get them) but she'll be around a long time yet - I don't think she's even slowed down since she was 10.

Coming soon: Brushing Billie's teeth!

No comments: