Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bruno



Bruno is a 9-month old Boston Terrier I recently picked up. He lives across the street from Bella, so she's helping to teach him about the world (may whatever gods that be take heed!). But his owners have done a fantastic job on their own, and, in all seriousness, Bella's not such a bad big sister at all.

The two dogs play together fantastically (pictures to follow) and unlike with bigger dogs, Bella actually displays a fair amount of courtesy in dealing with Bruno. (She's about twice as big as him right now!)

Bruno is already nearly completely house-trained and has great leash behavior. In fact the only real issue I see with him is with his confidence outdoors; he can be a bit afraid of the world. I expect this to clear up pretty quickly though, in fact it's a mystery to me why every dog I spend time with builds their confidence quickly and regularly - even Bella the terrorizer was a bit scared at first. Unlike say, checking aggression (as with Igwe), or preventing scrounging (see Maggie) I have no idea how to do it. My best guess is simply that I like my dogs so much that I project it, and they absorb my own confidence in them.

PS: Bruno's owners have their own (very useful!) blog: Slices of the City

1 comment:

Allie said...

Yay! I'm so proud. Thanks, Anthony!